Friday, February 9, 2018

Whooping Friday


I am happy to say that the borders are on the challenge quilt.  I would have loved to have done more creatively with this, but I was working with a very limited amount of this line of Mary Engelbreit fabric.  I have a black with the cherry print for the binding (just enough), but need to find a backing - maybe a picnic red/white checker board?


This is the small amount of left over cut down into my fabric system.  They will warm another project with their charm.


Now I had to find another project to clean out.  These blocks are from almost a year ago.  Howard Marcus' Collection for a Cause 'Circa 1892'  layer cake with some Kona Snow.  I need to add the 'flip' corners and all of those bits are cut.


If I can get at least half of the blocks done with their corners today, that will make for a good sewing day.


Bonus blocks - I'm using those cut-offs from the corners to make some bitty hour-glass for another project.

We are dug out  and plowed out from our snow storm, so I need to get out for a bit to get some in-town errands done and pick up some staples.  Really - just to get out as Cabin Fever is setting in!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh is it Friday already? We've managed to avoid snow this whole trip, but we've had plenty of cold weather. Sorry about the cabin fever. The cold weather has given us a bit of a case of RV fever.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Both your projects are lovely.

Lynette said...

Hey, nice job getting one squared away and moving into another already, and we're not even halfway through the month just yet. :) You reminded me that I've got a long-standing UFO with another of the Collection for Cause sets. I like those colors in yours!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is adorable! Great job on using up special fabrics!