Wednesday, March 22, 2017

It's Block Day


Wednesday is Block Making Day!  I am following a number of QALs that have their blocks released on Wednesday and I love that I can put the old machine thru her paces; as well as work a variety of techniques.


The hexie flower baskets are all done and it is time to put them into their on-point setting corners.  I have each matched up with some fun fabrics - a mix of American Jane and Feed Sacks.

The Geese will fly for Temecula Quilt Co, some more plaid patches, the newest Solstice block and then I had my arm twisted.  Blockheads with Moda's Cutting Table - I mentioned I needed to work more in taming those CW tubs.


The new baggy for storing selvedges is getting stuffed pretty quickly.  Some are from yardage, but most ore from FQs that I am trying to use up.  And I am excited to see that thread cone getting down to 'skinny'!!  Remember, I keep a thread inventory instead of a stash use report.  Being a scrap user, thread tells me how much fabric has been used up.

It's a cold, blustery day - a good day to stitch away,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon


8 comments:

Jeanna said...

Oh those hexie flower baskets are so pretty. I have a small collection of feed sacks that I just can't decide what to do with.

Sarah said...

It's a good day to catch up on blocks!! You have certainly been blazing through the FQ and yardage for such a big bag of selvages. I always enjoy seeing your projects and it's especially nice to see the hexie flowers moving to the next stage.

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm not a hexie lover but those flower baskets are adorable.

Barbara said...

Look at you go. Those hexie flowers are so cute. Hoping to get caught up on my blocks in the next couple of days. Nearly finished with my brother.

Joanna said...

Sweet flower blocks. That is going to be one nice quilt.

Sherry said...

Th hexie flower blocks are so pretty. I love the fabrics you are using, it will be a very happy quilt.

Kate said...

Those basket blocks are so pretty and look very springy. Happy stitching this week.

Carla said...

The hexie flower baskets are sweet.
My scrap bag is out of control. Maybe I should do a give away.